Curious about homeschooling? Contact us!
Moose Creek Baptist Church desires to support those who choose to disciple their children through home education, therefore the primary objective of MCBC Homeschool Co-op is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment for academic and enrichment activities. This is an all-volunteer co-op. The co-op meets every week throughout the academic year. Co-op is for children ages 5-18 (grades K-12) with nursery care/preschool activities available for younger siblings ages 0-4.
2020-2021 Co-op Information
Registration is now open. Click here for the registration page*.
*You will be redirected to a Google Form.
Fridays, 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m.
First day of co-op: September 11, 2020
No co-op November 27. Last day of Fall Semester: December 18, 2020
First day of the spring semester: January 15, 2021
No co-op March 19. Last day of co-op: May 7, 2021
Elementary Classes: P.E., Science/Art, Civics, LEGO
High School Classes: Life Skills, Mock Trial, Alaska History
Elementary classes are K-8; High School classes are 7-12; Grades 7 & 8 have their choice of which level classes to participate in. High School classes are eligible for high school credit; 7th & 8th-grade students in high school classes may* be eligible for high school credit.
*Awarding of high school credit for high school courses taken in 7th or 8th-grade is acceptable for independent homeschoolers; all others must check with their schools to determine if their 7th or 8th-grade student is eligible to receive the credit.
Policies and Procedures
- Parents/Guardians must stay on Moose Creek Baptist's campus at all times while their child(ren) is participating in Co-op. This is not a "drop off" cooperative. Student participation without parent/guardian participation will be considered on a case-by-case basis only.
- Appropriate attire is required for all family members.
- Parents/Guardians must sign their Students in at the beginning and out at the end of every Co-op Day and Field Trip.
- Parents/Guardians will be responsible for volunteering and helping Class Leaders as assigned, this may include being a substitute in the event of a Class Leader's absence.
- Parents/Guardians must notify the Supervisor should their family not be able to attend. Class Leaders are responsible for finding a substitute in the event of an absence.
- Parents/Guardians may post photos of their own children, and may NOT post photos of other children from Co-op Days and Field Trips on social media.